Voice ( Active and Passive) : Passive Voice Exercise : type 4 (Examination Based) - English Grammar
Select Your Subject: CBSE English Medium
Voice ( Active and Passive)
Passive Voice Exercise : type 4 (Examination Based)
Complete the following passages by choosing the correct passive forms of the verbs given in brackets from the alternatives given below the passage.
Write only your answers in the answer sheet against the correct blank number.
1. Yesterday the city (a) _______ (hit) by a thunder-storm. Many trees (b) __________ (uproot) and streets at several places (c) _________ (flood) resulting in traffic jams.
|a.||i) is hit||ii) was hitting|
|iii) is hitting||iv) was hit|
|b.||i) were uprooted||ii) was uproot|
|iii) were uprooting||iv) will be uprooted|
|c.||i) was flooding||ii) were flooded|
|iii) flooded||iv) were flooding|
2. If a long journey (a) __________ (give) a good start, it is half covered. Weariness of the traveller (b)___________ (defeat) by his enthusiasm and hope. He (c) __________ (reward) with success.
|a.||i) is giving||ii) was give|
|iii) is given||iv) can given|
|b.||i) is defeated||ii) defeated|
|iii) were defeated||iv) defeating|
|c.||i) was rewarding||ii) is rewarded|
|iii) is rewarding||iv) rewarded|
3. Pleasure (a) _________ (enjoy) without passing through pains. Spring (b) __________ (relish) only by those whose bones (c) _________ (freeze) by unbearably cold winter.
|a.||i) enjoy||ii) enjoys|
|iii) are enjoyed||iv) can’t be enjoyed|
|b.||i) relishing||ii) was relished|
|iii) is relished||iv) are relishing|
|c.||i) has frozen||ii) is frozen|
|iii) have been frozen||iv) has been frozen|
4. Whenever I feel that I (a) _________ (leave) alone even by my shadow, my loneliness (b) _______ (dispel) by the soothing presence of someone who is everything for me. At that moment, I (c) _____ (compensate) heavily for all the losses ...... even that of my shadow.
|a.||i) has left||ii) have left|
|iii) have been left||iv) have been leave|
|b.||i) has dispelled||ii) is dispelled|
|iii) was dispelled||iv) is dispel|
|c.||i) am compensated||ii) am compensating|
|iii) have compensated||iv) was compensating|
5. Yesterday a U.F.O. (a) ________ (see) in the western sky over Delhi. People (b) _______ (horrify) to see it and started running helter skelter. It was reported to have remained suspended in the air for some time. Then it picked up speed and (c) _______ (lose) to view.
|a.||i) was seeing||ii) was saw|
|iii) was seen||iv) were seem|
|b.||i) was horrify||ii) were horrified|
|iii) were horrifying||iv) was horrified.|
|c.||i) was lost||ii) had lost|
|iii) was losing||iv) has lost|
6. Last week a picnic trip (a) __________ (organise) by our school for class XI. The students (b) ______ (take) to Fun and Food village. Five buses (c) _________ (hire) on the occasion.
|a.||i) organised||ii) was organised|
|iii) was organising||iv) had organised|
|b.||i) had taken||ii) was taken|
|iii) were taking||iv) were taken|
|c.||i) were hired||ii) was hired|
|iii) were hiring||iv) had hired|
7. Gandhiji (a) _________ (know) for practising what he preached. Our country (b) ______ (teach) the lesson of truth and non-violence by him. Almost the entire nation (c) ________ (bring) into the main-stream of freedom struggle under his leadership.
|a.||i) was knowing||ii) had known|
|iii) was known||iv) were know|
|b.||i) were taught||ii) was taught|
|iii) is teaching||iv) had taught|
|c.||i) was brought||ii) was being brought|
|iii) had brought||iv) was bringing|
8. Even the deepest wounds, that (a) _________ (give) over a long time by all the cruelties of the world (b) __________ (heal) by a few words of sympathy and love that (c) ______ (speak) by someone who is not apart from you but a part of you.
|a.||i) has been given||ii) have been giving|
|iii) have been given||iv) was giving|
|b.||i) is healed||ii) are healed|
|iii) will heal||iv) was healing|
|c.||i) are spoken||ii) is speaking|
|iii) are speaking||iv) have spoken|
Student's Bag⇒English Grammar⇒Voice ( Active and Passive) ⇒Passive Voice Exercise : type 4 (Examination Based)
इस पाठ के अन्य दुसरे विषय भी देखे :