CBSE Notes for class 6 th
1. Food: Where does it come from : Notes - Keypoints Science class 6th:English Medium NCERT Book Solutions
NCERT Books Subjects for class 6th Hindi Medium
1. Food: Where does it come from
Notes - Keypoints
Chapter-1. Food where does it come?
Notes (Science -VI)
1. Ingredients: The components of any food items. Like milk, rice, sugar, and ingredients of food item kheer.
2. Sources of food materials:
(i) Plant sources of food materials.
(ii) Animal sources of food materials.
3. Food material from plants: wheat, rice, pea, fruits and vegetables are Food material of plants.
4. Source of ingredients:
(i) Plant sources of ingredients
Examples: Wheat, rice, pulse,
(ii) Animal sources of ingredients.
5. Edible parts: The eatable parts of plants is known as edible parts.
6. Edible parts of plants: fruits, flowers, leaves, stems and roots are edible parts of plants.
Germination: The growing of seeds into baby plants is called germintion.
Germination of Mung:
Grmination of Gram
7. Nectar: Sweet juices of flower collected by bee which gets converted into honey.
8. Hive: Bees collected their honey in hive.
9. The verities of animals that taking foods:
Verity of animals which taking foods are:
10. Herbivores: Animals which eat only plants. Like cow, deer, elephant and etc.
11. Carnivores: Animals which eat only flash. Like tiger, lion, bear and etc.
12. Omnivores: Animals which eat both. Like crows , dogs , human beings and etc.
13. Germination: The growth of baby plants from a seed is known as germination.
14. Foods obtained from animals: Milk, eggs, chicken, fish, prawns, beef, pork and such others.
15. Sprouted: A small white structure may have grown out of the seed.
ATP Educationwww.atpeducation.com ATP Education www.atpeducation.com
ATP Educationwww.atpeducation.com www.atpeducation.com
Select Class for NCERT Books Solutions
Updates And Activities